The mission of Parents Anonymous of New Jersey, Inc. is to protect children by strengthening families through mutual support, parent leadership, and advocacy.
Parents Anonymous® Program is an evidence-based family strengthening program utilizing mutual support (the giving and getting of help), parent leadership (seeking solutions and becoming empowered), and shared leadership® (working together) to achieve personal growth, improve family functioning and achieve parental resilience.
- The Parents Anonymous® Program consists of a weekly support group for Parents and Caregivers and a separate group for their Children and Youth (0-18).
- Parents Anonymous® is both an intervention and prevention program where parents and their children are empowered to create positive and long term change for their families.
- There is a Trained Facilitator and Parent Group Leader in every Parents Anonymous® Group fostering emotional support amongst all participants to improve protective factors, reduce risk, and ensure family stability.
- Parent leadership opportunities are fostered outside of the Parents Anonymous® Group to ensure meaningful shared leadership® in policy development, program design and achieving positive outcomes for families.
- Parents and caregivers of all backgrounds are welcome including mothers, fathers, grandparents, step parents, parents of special needs children, teen parents and foster parents.
- Parents are encouraged to address any family concern in a safe and caring environment.
- Trained Children and Youth Program Workers foster a supportive environment for children and youth ages 0-18 to build self-esteem, foster positive peer relationships and enhance personal development and family relationships.
- Children and Youth learn and practice positive ways of interacting, problem-solving and supporting one another, and learn better coping strategies.
- Parents call the National Parent Helpline® 1-855-4AParent (1-855-427-2736) to receive emotional support and referrals in between weekly Parents Anonymous® Groups.
127 Route 206 . Suite 10 . Hamilton, NJ 08610
42 Chesnut Street . East Orange, NJ 07017
Tel: (609) 585-7666
Fax: (609) 585-7686